This page is printer friendly.White Space

Register To Vote

Visit the Voter Information Center on the Michigan Secretary of State website to locate your voting precinct, preview any upcoming ballot, and review instructions for using the Townships voting equipment.  

You must be a resident of the United States and must be at least 18 years of age by election day.

Young people can register to vote at the age of 17-1/2, provided that they will be 18 years old by the date of the election in which they wish to vote. (Example: If you register to vote at age 17-1/2 and turn 18 on November 1st, you will be eligible to vote in the General Election held on November 6th because you are 18 by the time you vote. This is especially important for high school seniors going away to college. 

You must be a resident of Michigan and live in the Township and be registered for at least 30 days prior to any election.


You may register to vote in the following three ways:

  • At the local Clerk’s office
  • At Secretary of State Branch Offices
  • Mail-In Voter Registration*

If you choose to register to vote at our office, we are able to notify the State of your new address at the time of voter registration, provided that you are a current resident of Michigan. The State will send you a new sticker for the back of your license with your new address within 3 to 4 weeks of your registration.

When you go to the Secretary of State to change your address, you are provided the option of registering to vote at that time. The Branch office mails your application to us for actual voter registration. Within 3 to 4 weeks of our receipt of the application, you will receive a new voter ID card in the mail. This card will tell you where you vote for all elections including your school precinct location.

*It is possible for you to register to vote by mail. The Secretary of State provides a "Register By Mail" form. You can complete and return that with a copy of your driver’s license. Restrictions apply when you register to vote in either of these ways so you may want to appear in person to register. This is especially important for students who will be away at college during the fall election.

Address Changes

If you move within the Township you may notify us. We will change your address with the State of Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles and on your voter master card. You will receive a new Voter ID card from us and in about 3-4 weeks a sticker for your drivers license.

If you move to a jurisdiction outside of the Township, you must register in your new community to be able to vote.