- Building Department
- Clerk's Office
- Emergency Management Division
- Fire Department
- Human Resources
- Information Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Police Department
- Chief's Message
- Administrative Services
- Community Resources Services
- Investigations Division
- Patrol Division
- Communications Center
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Division of Public Services
- Community Development
- Public Works
- Solid Waste Department
- Fact Sheets
Click here to view the Code Of Ordinance and the Zoning Ordinance.
The Community Development Department is responsible for long-range planning for the Community. It reviews new development for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance, works with the Planning Commission, answers questions related to how property can be used and developed, and provides information about developments that are being proposed.
The Division of Public Services houses the Department of Public Works, Community Development Department, and Solid Waste Department. All Division of Public Services departments are located at 9955 N. Haggerty Road.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The Community Development Department works to forward the best possible development and redevelopment of Plymouth Township for the benefit of our residents, our businesses, for visitors and for those that are simply passing through. We do this by providing information to guide those making development/investment decisions, those deciding whether they should move or stay, and those considering choosing Plymouth Township as their home community to ensure that the Township will reflect the image established for the Township in the Master Plan and comply with community standards.
1. Reviewing new developments for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance. We process and review rezoning requests, landsplit applications, subdivision plats, site plans, Planned Unit Development, Residential Unit Development and Single Family Cluster Housing Option requests. We answer questions about how property can be used and developed.
2. Coordinating technical reviews regarding land use and proposed new developments’ compliance with the Zoning Ordinance, engineering standards and with the Subdivision Control Act. This information is used by the Planning Commission and/or the Board of Trustees to assist in making decisions.
3. Working with the Planning Commission to maintain an "up-to-date" Master Plan that establishes policies and objectives to guide the physical development and redevelopment of Plymouth Township.
4. Coordinating the Public Hearing process and making information on proposals that are scheduled for a public hearing available for review by the public.
5. Answering a myriad of questions ranging from "What are the future plans for the Township?" to "Can my property be split?" and "Can I keep goats?". Residents, real estate agents, developers, marketers, researchers, property buyers and sellers, Township employees and others contact us for information on the planning process, zoning, land use, Planning Commission applications and for information on the Township in general.
Community Development Director/Planner