- Building Department
- Clerk's Office
- Emergency Management Division
- Fire Department
- Human Resources
- Information Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Police Department
- Chief's Message
- Administrative Services
- Community Resources Services
- Investigations Division
- Patrol Division
- Communications Center
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Division of Public Services
- Community Development
- Public Works
- Solid Waste Department
- Fact Sheets
Plymouth Township offers curbside collection to all single-family and many apartments and condominiums within its borders. There are a few general rules that apply to the curbside collection:
All items must be to the curb by 7:00 am the day of your collection and no earlier than 6:00 pm the night before.
If you do not use garbage bags, your containers must be 35-gallon or less in size.
The weight of any container or bag that is put to curb cannot exceed 50 pounds.
Why 35-gallon or less?
In October of 2000, the Township’s waste hauler began enforcing a 35-gallon or less container size for all residents in the Township. Increased use of the larger size containers over the previous years led to increases in the number of injuries to workers and, as a result, waste haulers throughout SE Michigan have stopped collecting the larger size cans.
Many larger items are accommodated by our hauler. Examples of these items include:
|Sofa, Loveseats, Chairs||Air conditioners|
|Tables, bed frames, mattresses and box springs||Refrigerators with DOORS REMOVED. Put doors and unit to the curb.|
|Bathtubs, sinks, toilets||Stoves, dishwashers, microwaves|
|Carpeting in three (3) foot rolls, tied and less than 50 pounds||Hot water heater, washers and dryers|
For materials that are not normally collected you have two options:
- You can request a special pick up by calling the Solid Waste Department for an appointment and fees.
- You may take your waste to a licensed sanitary landfill. The closest facility is Veolia-Arbor Hills facility located on Six Mile and Napier Roads in Salem Township. Please call first for directions and costs: Veolia–Arbor Hills (248) 349-7230.