Police Department - Administrative Assistant - Part-Time
The Police Department Administrative Assistant works in a fast-paced environment and holds a high level of responsibility. The position directly supports the Police Department by performing an assortment of general and specialized clerical and office functions including, but not limited to, processing departmental forms and paperwork, assisting customers, answering phones, and maintaining databases, records and files.
To be successful in this role, the Administrative Assistant must be professional, mature, reliable, customer service-oriented, consistent and have a positive attitude. The position offers a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on both the internal team as well as the general public.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional training through vocational secretarial school or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an Administrative or related role required.
- Experience in a municipal setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, including some working knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal operations in order to effectively assist the public.
- Ability to utilize various office equipment, specifically computers and related office software, proficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing data accuracy or integrity.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively and professionally communicate with employees and the general public.
The experience, skills and abilities listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities related to the position. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that will be considered along with other job-related selection decisions.
Starting Rate: $20.49 per hour
Classification: Regular, Part-Time Position. Non-exempt from FLSA
Work Week: This position will require an individual to work 5 days a week until 4:30pm. The ideal candidate will have availability until 4:30pm daily.
Last Date to file Application: position posted until filled
Representation: Position is in the TPOAM union
Reports to: Police Chief or designee
Plymouth Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Contact : Lara Katschor
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled