Geographic Information System Technician - Part Time
- Provides on-going system administration, maintenance and updates including configuration of the GIS and CMMS to meet department asset management needs.
- Configures, maintains and updates GIS and CMMS reports, worksheets, databases and maps to support the needs of all departments.
- Keeps up-to-date on GIS and CMMS upgrades, features, and enhancements.
- Coordinates with Township software vendors to maintain, support and upgrade GIS, CMMS and other software systems.
- Schedules, conducts and attends meetings with department end users, engineer consultants, contractors and vendors for purposes of maintaining and updating the GIS and CMMS.
- Conducts technical presentations and staff training for GIS, CMMS and other technologies.
- Provides timely GIS, CMMS and other software system technical assistance to end users (both in office and field).
- Researches, recommends, implements and updates GIS and CMMS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage/Setup field equipment including mobile devices and GPS receivers to pursue field asset data acquisition and quality control activities.
- Apply GIS, CMMS and other software data collection and reporting technologies to assist Township compliance with existing and future regulatory requirements.
- Performs Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC); Monitors data for quality control standards and requirements of spatial and tabular data capture, storage and use.
- Performs ongoing QA/QC for field and record data collected and entered into the GIS, CMMS, Office spreadsheets and databases.
- Develops and monitors compliance with QA/QC data standards for GIS and CMMS.
- Works in an office setting on a regular basis with frequent field visits.
- Requires ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Field work may include adverse weather, loud working conditions, and high levels of activity
- Bachelor of Science degree in geography, computer science, engineering or related field with GIS coursework preferred.
- Associate’s degree, in combination with training and experience, will be considered.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Azteca’s Cityworks CMMS, and Microsoft Office spreadsheet and database software products preferred.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and the ability to update and maintain relational databases and link them to GIS/AM systems.
- Ability to explain and teach desktop GIS/AM skills to others and to communicate technical concepts clearly.
Contact : Lara Katschor
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled