Administrative Assistant Part Time - Clerks Department
Position Summary: Performs secretarial and clerical support as well as Election support for the administration of elections.
Reports To: Clerk or Deputy Clerk
Wage Range: $20.49 - $22.76
Posting Date: November 13, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
An employee in this position is required to perform the following essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. These examples are not an exhaustive list of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Provide general administrative support related to departmental operations.
- Assist with telephone inquiries, provide direction for more difficult inquiries and resolve unique customer service issues and complaints. Obtain supervisor assistance as necessary to successfully resolve problems.
- Assist customers; provide explanation and guidance on departmental procedures and processes.
- Assist the public with completing forms, applications, and paperwork. Enter completed items into computer systems, record and file information and process departmental materials.
- Provide general secretarial and clerical support. Make phone calls, follow up on items, type, make copies and other related duties.
- Prioritizes correspondence, respond independently to more routine items and draft responses for specialized or unique circumstances for supervisory review.
- Code and enter data into computerized databases or other systems.
- Prepare regular monthly, quarterly, annual or customized reports, worksheets, tables and other information tools and complete related analysis.
- Complete departmental bookkeeping and administrative duties as assigned.
- Ensure department is stocked with necessary forms, applications, office supplies, letterhead, envelopes, copy paper and other inventory and office supplies.
- Prepare work orders, organize special projects and coordinate their execution with other staff.
- Work with staff in coordinating postage needs, receive and distribute mail, and work with the postage machine for affixing postage to all Township mail.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent with additional training and experience, preferably related to the field of municipal Clerk’s Office background and elections.
- Ability to become QVF certified and learn and understand election processes.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, bookkeeping and municipal operations.
- Skill in organizing and managing department statistics, data, information and records.
- Skill in the use of office equipment; particularly with computers and related software.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work constructively and interact professionally with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as required to enable the Clerk’s Office to meet all deadlines required of the office; including, but not limited to, elections!
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as required to enable the Clerk’s Office to meet all deadlines require of the office; including, but not limited to, elections!
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job,
An employee in this position spends the majority of their time in an office setting with a controlled climate where they sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time; communicate by telephone, email or in person, and move around the office or travel to other locations to attend training and meetings.
Plymouth Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Lara Katschor, SHRM-CP
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled