Packets containing an application along with the procedure for applying for a CCW Permit are available for Plymouth Township residents at the Police Department, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 PM. Concealed Pistol Applications are available at: (http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf).
The procedure for Wayne County residents is as follows:
1. Complete the Concealed Pistol License application.
2. Get a passport quality photo.
3. Complete the Pistol Safety Training Course and obtain a certification of
4. Take all the above information along with cash or a money order for
a) The Wayne County Clerk’s Office at 2 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI
48226. TX (313)224-5333
b) The Wayne County Clerk’s Western-Wayne Satellite Office at
3100 Henry Ruff Rd. Westland, MI 48186. TX (734)721-5125
5. Subsequent to processing your application fingerprints will be taken at
either Location. No appointment necessary.
6. To obtain further information or to follow-up on your CCW application
please Contact the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office at (734)721-5125.
Follow the steps above with the exception of the pistol training course. You are required to take a (3) hour refresher course within 6 months preceding the renewal application.
Renewal Procedure for CCW
Packets containing an application along with the procedure for CCW renewal are available for Plymouth Township residents at the Police Department, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 PM.
• Applicant must complete application for renewal and provide expiration
date, issue date and county of issuance on their license.
• Applicant must complete minimum 3 hours review and at least 1-hour
range within the 6 months prior to applying forrenewal.
• The renewal fee to the county is $105.00.