Newest Township Park is also “Dog Friendly” through the Summer
The Township Board is committed to preserving greenspace under its control. In April of 2021, the Board approved the formal creation of “Golfview Park,” the triangular parcel at Beck and Ann Arbor Trail. As time goes on and funding becomes available, Golfview will see paths, park benches and other upgrades for walkers, joggers and bikers; a plan to clean up the wooded area on the eastern corner of the site is also planned.
The new park is also “Dog Friendly” through the Summer months of 2021, as part of a pilot project. Effective now through September 1, 2021, dogs may be walked at Golfview Park, pursuant to the following requirements approved by the Township Board of Trustees:
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than (10) feet in length.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Dog waste must be retrieved and disposed of by the dog walker.
- Dog walker is responsible for the dog’s conduct and behavior.
- Dogs must stay clear of other dogs and people unfamiliar to the dog.
This policy may be amended or extended by the Township Supervisor at any time.