The Supervisor is the Chief Elected Official in a Township form of government. The Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of all departments within the Township and presides as Chair of the meetings of the Board of Trustees. Additional duties of the Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Appointments: Recommends candidates to the Board of Trustees for appointment to various boards and commissions including: Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Civil Service Commission, Board of (tax) Review and Downtown Development Authority.
- Budget: Works with financial team to prepare annual budget for approval by Board of Trustees; Supervisor and staff provide monthly financial updates to Board and recommend periodic budget adjustments.
- Legal Agent: Acts as the Township’s agent for any legal action and lead Township representative in Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations.
- Management/Operations: Responsible for the daily operation of all Township departments including Police, Fire, Building, Assessing, Information Services, and Public Works.
- Western Townships Utilities Authority (WTUA): The Supervisor sits as a commissioner on the three-member WTUA Board of Directors. Furthermore, Supervisor Heise is the Treasurer for WTUA and is charged with reviewing and approving all expenditures for this authority.
- 35th District Court Authority: Serves as Township’s representative to the court’s policy making body. Supervisor Heise serves as vice-chair of the Court Authority.
The Supervisor’s office is located at 9955 N. Haggerty Road, Plymouth, Michigan, 48170.
The Supervisor’s office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. Appointments should be made to meet with the Supervisor. Walk-ins are always welcome, schedule permitting.